Wednesday, September 30, 2009

33 weeks pregnant



Obs said to expect Baby K anytime after 37 weeks. 37 weeks! That is only 4 weeks from now. Eeks! Am I ready?


I think so?


I have been truly blessed with a smooth pregnancy so far. I thank my parents for the good genes I have inherited, and also all the help from hubby, his parents, and so many of my friends during my pregnancy. Everyone has chipped with some form of help or other! I put on 9kg so far, and I can see most of it have gone to baby. I don't have too many complaints during my pregnancy. Just the usual morning sickness at the start, headaches, some leg cramps, breathlessness and alittle bit of reflux. All the usual signs of a healthy normal pregnancy. Now, I just need baby to turn the right way. For most of the pregnancy so far, he has been lying horizontally across. For the past couple of days, I have been rubbing the spot where I think his head is, hoping he will move away and turn upside down instead. But he seems to like a particular position and always resettles in the same spot! Sigh. I am hoping for a normal natural delivery, not really a cesarean if possible.




Everyone seems to think I am going to cope really well during delivery. Do I look so gungho? I didn't think so! Every time I bring up the labour process with the obs, he tells me that he truly predicts that I am going to cope with the pain really well. Uh huh.





Also, here is my new friend. Meet Mr Fit Ball. I can no longer sit for long periods in a couch because my back gets sooo sore, as does my coccyx (sp? I'm referring to that little tail bone thingie at the end of our spine). Sitting on the fit ball really eases the pain quite a bit.


Related Posts with Thumbnails