Wednesday, September 16, 2009

30 weeks pregnant






So I am now 30 weeks pregnant. A full term pregnancy is 38-40weeks. Anything earlier than 36 weeks is considered a premature birth. I feel similar to how I first felt during my first trimester, only without the morning sickness. I have put on about 8kgs so far, and my body isn't used to carrying so much weight 24/7. People tell me I am all baby, I haven't put on too much weight elsewhere. But I feel like a sumo wrestler.



My joints hurt like crazy. My knees and soles of my feet are sore when I stand. But my butt also hurts if I sit for too long. I just can't win! And now, to get off the couch, I need to physically grab onto something/someone to lean forward, then bum shuffle towards the edge to get up. I have started to feel that sheer exhaustion that I had felt during my first trimester again. It is as if there is an automated switch where I am fine the one moment, but then I would be completely spent the next. It does not matter whether or not I have been up and about doing something. I would wake up at 7am in the mornings, have breakfast, and by 9.30am I am back under the covers again. And then probably another nap in the afternoon again.



Another pregnant friend of mine has her due date really close to mine and she has already started to get Braxton Hicks contractions. They are like false labour pains to get the body ready for the real thing. They say I should expect them round about this time, but I have yet to feel any. I think.



Baby is still practising his acrobatic moves everyday. But he is running out of leg room to give me his hard high kicks so he wriggles and squirms more instead. And much to my discomfort, he loves wedging his hand/foot up against my ribs. He still gets hiccups daily! He used to kick and move around alot more when that happens, but I think he's finally realised there is nothing he can do about it. Sometimes I picture him rolling his eyes at himself haha!



I tell myself not too long now..... I will soon have my own little mini in my arms, we can't wait!
Related Posts with Thumbnails