Monday, June 25, 2012

No thanks Mummy!

So a few of you have started asking, why have I stopped blogging!? It really wasn't intentional. You see, shortly after we got an IPad I stopped using the laptop. The blogger app is just not user friendly enough for me and I just got lazy! =P The IPad is super convenient to lug around and the battery lasts for ages!

Kayden is at that very fun stage right now where he yaps away at just nothing and everything in particular. I love it when we have little mini babysations. Earlier today (after a round of negotiations, where I promised a snake gummy if he would have his cold medication), he held the snake to his ear as if it was a phone (yea I know, that's so completely random)

"Ello?"
"MMmm Hmm!"
"Yeaaa...."
"Uh Huh."
"OooooH?"
"OK, Bye!"

Apparently, that is how I sound like on the phone. According to my little man. Further confirmations with Daddy confirmed it.

Uh Huh.

I think the boys in my life are mocking me!

He has a pretty good understanding of everything that we say now. Sometimes even when not spoken to, he replies. (While on the phone to Daddy) Do you think we should have some pies for dinner? "No thanks! Rice!" would be his reply. Of course rice boy. Of course. 

On the positive side, his very adamant NO is very often a "No thanks!" instead.

Kayden don't just eat the chips. Have some of the chicken too please?
No thanks Mummy. Chips. 

Outside Mummy! 
Its cold and windy outside, stay inside please?
No thanks! It's cold. Hat on! Let's go! (he thinks putting on a hat is the answer to beating the cold LOL)


And then after we step back in the house...

Kayden, let's have a hot shower instead of a bath?  
No thanks Mummy! Bath.
And without skipping a beat, turns on the tap in the tub and starts prepping his bath toys to go into the bath!

He tends to go on those floor stomping tantrums lately too. (Yea, I think we are still stuck in the terrible Twos) So by the end of the day, I am just willing for things to move along in a nice and peaceful manner, so I just go with it. These very polite No thanks seem to let him get away with alot of misbehavior to be honest!

2 comments:

  1. Haha the little man is sooo cute! Can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey babe, I'm back from my blog break and came to see if you were back too. Hope all is well! (The Terrible Twos stage shall pass :))

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails