Thursday, September 17, 2009

Nesting @ 29/30 weeks

Pregnant women go through a phase called 'nesting'. There is this natural instinct to want to do things around the house to prepare for the oncoming birth of the baby. I am definitely experiencing this at the moment.



Here's what I got up to Sunday night and Monday.


  • 10.30pm: I had this urge to tidy my bathroom cabinet. I sat on a little stool in front of it and dragged everything out from under the sink. Friends who know me know that I have enough skincare products and make up to last almost forever. I organized, cleaned out the bottles and tubes and even sorted them out by their use by dates. Knowing mom is arriving in a month or so, I even packed her a toiletries bag of skincare products so it is ready for her to dig into when she arrives on her morning flight. I packed myself a toiletries bag for my hospital stay. That probably took me an hour in all. But then, packing my hospital toiletries bag also reminded me that I could now start putting things into my hospital bag, and so I did. I spent another 15minutes or so pulling out little bits and pieces that goes into the bag. By the time I finished, I was exhausted and my back and shoulders were aching. Bedtime, finally...

  • I'm not a morning person, so Monday after lunch I opened up 4 big boxes of stuff that needed to be put away in the garage for storage. So I cleaned packed and reorganized our documents and bits and pieces for 2 hours. I would have started hauling them into the garage myself if I had the strength! A little annoyed it will still have to sit in the study until the weekend where Hubby will move them.

  • All that packing left bits of shredded paper and dust on the floor. I start dusting and wiping down surfaces in the house.

  • Eeeks, floor is now all dusty, so I vaccuumed.

  • While vaccuuming, I realised the laundry hamper is full, so I did 2 loads of laundry and put them up.

  • Folded a basket of laundry

  • Did the dishes

Yesterday:


  • Swept the deck. Sounds easy enough, but carrying a 8Kg load on your belly and being bent over is exhausting. Especially when we are talking about trying to scrap off possum poop! That I think took me about 40minutes.

  • Weeded some potted plants.

  • Put drawers liners into our bedside tables and coffee table.

  • Folded up more laundry.

  • Finally remembered to call the local council and after a few phonecalls,finally got us upgraded to a bigger recycling bin (yay!)

  • Cleared out an unwanted 4 drawer unit.

  • Did dishes again.

Right now:


I have an urge to attempt to scrub away the bird and possum poop marks left on the deck, while the deck is still wet from the rain. (If you look closely, you'll see the poop marks even though I've swept it yesterday)



Damn u rain. I need to clean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails