Saturday, September 12, 2009

And a new chapter of my life starts....



Yesterday I finished up at work! What an emotional rollercoaster ride the day was! I took time when I arrived to take in the last sights of my work surroundings and my workmates around me on my last day of work. I had expected to feel happy and perhaps even excited, but instead, I was feeling extremely nervous!


I have been working at the same place for the past 6 years of my life. The characters I have met, workmates and experience have given me so many fond memories to treasure and keep. I was extremely reluctant to leave at the end of the day, and without me realising how time flew past, I was still around 3 hours after I was meant to finish for the day!


For the past couple of years, I have gone into work every time, been an advocate for the brand I work for, planned and strategized for events and formed many new friendships over time. I am possibly one of those really odd weirdos you make a face at, when they tell you "I LOVE my work!"


Throughout the day, workmates from all across the company's departments came to say their goodbyes, tears rolled off our cheeks and we exchanged hugs and tummy rubs for baby. I was a wreck by the end of the day!


I have truly been very blessed with so many friends and a fantastic boss at work, what more could I have asked for?



A new chapter of my life starts from here on...


Related Posts with Thumbnails