Saturday, September 19, 2009

Recipe: Condensed milk pound cake


There's nothing like the aroma of a sweet smelling cake wafting through the house, a condensed milk pound cake! I used to love putting condensed milk in my milo drinks, but since I no longer have any form of added sugar in my drinks, I decided to use up some of my condensed milk in the fridge. Plus, I had all the ingredients in my pantry and home on a rainy Saturday evening.


Condensed Milk Pound Cake


I got the recipe from here


120gms butter
25gms sugar (I used raw sugar)
1 1/2tsp vanilla paste
120gm cake flour ( I just used plain flour)
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 eggs (70gms each)


  1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf tin.

  2. Sift flour and baking powder and set aside.
  3. Cream butter and sugar on medium to high speed until pale yellow, light and fluffy.

  4. Add vanilla paste and salt, then cream until mixed well.

  5. Lower the speed and add the sifted flour in 3 batches until you achieve a smooth mix.

  6. Add eggs one at a time, and mix until well combined.

  7. Pour into loaf tin and bake for 1 hour.

Mine didn't seem to rise as high as the original recipe, probably because I substituted the cake flour with plain flour. It had a dense yet spongey soft texture. This recipe yielded a yummylicious cake which I will definitely be baking again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails