Thursday, September 10, 2009

Why Winnie?

When I registered for our baby registry, the sales person asked me if I had a theme in mind for baby's nursery so she could list it for family and friends to keep in mind for. I said no I don't, and just to leave it blank.

But for a really strange reason, while going around with the scanning gun, I was drawn to Winnie to pooh everything. Winnie the pooh cot blankets, Winnie the pooh cot sheets, Winnie the pooh laundry hamper, nappy stacker, lamps, toys,wall decals, etc. They were put on my baby registry and had some gifts have started to come in.




You gotta understand I'm not one to go for cutsy stuff. Mickey and Minnie and Hello Kitty? So not me. I used to like Snoopy alittle when I was younger. But I'm more of an ET person. Weird. I know. But that perhaps, is for another post.

So there's a Winnie the pooh theme going on for his room in the future. Splashes of yellow for his clothing and furniture too. Yellow used to be a favourite colour of mine, maybe that's why?

But what if he ends up hating it?? Muahahahahha... too bad, he's going to be stuck with them for a couple of years. He might have a few yellow ducky friends for company too (Daddy seems to like them).

And wait. I just realised. Isn't Winnie the pooh a boy? So why is his name Winnie? All the Winnies I know are females.
Related Posts with Thumbnails