Monday, May 9, 2011

Week 12






So we're now at week 12 of construction. Kitchen cabinets are in! Painters were in the house painting the interiors when hubby was there to take a look around. From what I can see from my screen, the white is what I was hoping for. A warm and soft off-white shade. But we've noticed there was no provisions for lighting in the kitchen area. We have 6 downlights. Still some work to be done there.

And as you can see, the rendering is done too. We're still waiting on painting to start on the outside of the house. But I am actually loving the white on the rendering! At colour selection, we were tempted to have it white, but being lazy but practical folks, we opted a darker shade so wear and tear would be less obvious in the future.

We've also played safe and hired an external building inspector to check on the quality. Report just came back yesterday and inspector says it is excellent! Yipee! Albeit some minor fixable defects he says is completely common, and usually fixed up before handover. It is comforting to know that your site supervisor takes pride in his work.

Tiling in the bathrooms are being carried out as I type. And throughout the week, I suspect the rest of the tiling work will commence too.

On another note, this time, next month, we are reunited with Daddy! But that also means it's almost time to go back home to Melbourne!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly! Daphne from Motherinc. You've won the contest for the Reebonz giveaway and I realized you didn't leave an email address. Can drop me a mail at daphne@motherinc.org so I can arrange to have it sent over thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding Daphne! Yay! Emailing you shortly. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SOO excited about your new house! Love the colour you chose for the kitchen by the way. Light but not stark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sharon! We're excited too =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails