Monday, May 30, 2011

Smiling with your eyes

Every year my mum makes her own dumplings for 端午节, or what I grew up being told it was called the Dragon Boat Festival. We are very lucky it happens before we leave, so I get to savour some yummy homemade ones!

Kayden was most intrigued, he settled himself next to my mum and observed her at the beginning while she went on wrapping the first few dumplings. Then after a little bit, he went on to explore the different condiments.  He poked at the glutinous rice, then the fillings and then the leaves used for the wrapping of the dumplings.










And then, he wanted to have a go at wrapping his own dumpling too! Scoop!


Furrowed brows.
This dumpling wrapping is serious business. That look of concentration! 


He was even seen 'helping' Por Por 'test' a batch of the fillings! He was so pleased with himself, he flashed me this 'no eyes' smile every now and then. Seeing my baby this happy makes me happy too! (Plus I get to eat the dumplings after of course).

=)



1 comment:

  1. Oooh the classic dumplings! Love it, especially those pork/kau lak ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails