Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Drama King

Ice Age was on television one evening the other day. I settled him on the couch, gave him something to snack on, and left him on the couch to watch it. He loved the movie, it looked like he thoroughly enjoyed it. So, I thought oh good! Something else that he will sit down quietly and watch, mermerized. Besides that Giggle and Hoot DVD which he's watched 2,457 times.

I only stepped away for a couple of minutes when I heard an outcry of horror! Kayden came running into my arms. Tears! Quivering lips! Even trembling a little.

I wasted no time in checking him all over for a signs of a fall, a bruise or a cut. Nope. No blood thank God.

So I asked, "Did you fall Kayden!???! WHERE does it hurt!!? WHAT HAPPENED????"

Then what was happening on Ice Age struck me.

Oh.

"Kayden? Are you upset because the baby elephant got taken away from his Mommy and Daddy? Mommy and Daddy elephant no more? Gone?"

He nodded furiously. Then with an upside down smile, he sobbed into my neck again!

Everybody say Nawww!

You know that scene in Ice Age, in that re-enactment scene that Manny the mammoth recalled the time when he was young? He got separated from his parents as a young mammoth. Where if my memory doesn't fail me (it's rare these days), it wasn't even the proper animation shot for it, it was portrayed as a sketch?

I thought it was just oh too cute! Who would have known! My little man getting all emotional over that?

Of course, I smothered him with hugs and kisses, and promises that it will be ok.  But as he buried his face into me, I was trying my darn hardest not to laugh! I was actually fighting back chuckling out loud to save hurting his feelings! I shouldn't be even thinking it, but it was so funny!

1 comment:

  1. Awww darling! It's amazing what they can understand emotionally even when they can't express it verbally!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails