Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hiss

The main topic hubby and I find outselves discussing so much about this week - Kayden's temper tantrums.

Recently, they have been like nothing I have ever seen before with Kayden. When he goes into one of them, he screams. He pinches, shoves, pulls my hair, tries to slap me and finds things to stab me with and throws his stuff around. AND THEN, he tears into the room and slams his door shut.  He cries until he is beetroot red. Trembling. Going into the room to give him a hug only makes him even more agitated. From inside, he wails. I let him.

I have learnt to go in when he calms down.

When he is completely settled, I ask him for an apology after explaining to him that Mommy doesn't like it when he does that. It's just not nice to throw your chewed up fruits on the ground. I will take it away if you keep doing that. He nestles his head in my neck, and puts his arms around me to mean he is sorry (not always, but most of the times).

But it doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't repeat the misbehaviour.

I pray this sort of thing doesn't happen in public. Not a temper tantrum like this. Please?

Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Even at that age sorry seems to be the hardest thing to say - Sam often refuses and ends up staying in time out for ages! Stubborn little things! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails