Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hello? This is a library.



DO NOT be fooled by that face. That is called a look of oblivion. Around us were many pairs of dagger sharp stares looking our way. I took this photo while hiding in between 2 rows of bookshelves with this little monkey face!

The other day, I brought Kayden to a library. I thought I'd let him get oriented with the place first before we sat down for a read. Well, let's just say that reading part didn't quite happen. 





He was madly dashing around the place. I couldn't keep up. The more I tried to move forward to stop him from running around, the louder he laughs, and the faster and wilder he runs in the opposite direction, his legs kicking into the air and his arms flinging around at his sides. It looked like I was an incompetent mom who couldn't control her child. Luckily I have developed the 'thick skinned mother syndrome' where no amount of staring at me will make me feeling embarassed no more.

But still, argh!

So I decided to follow him around loosely instead. BAD move. He thought that I was playing a game of hide and seek. He peeks through the rows of shelves like that, trying to see where I am. Everytime he spots me a few rows away, he would wait until I mak eye contact, then cackle away loudly, turn away and run off again!




Just a word of advice. Yes, that's right. From me. When your child misbehaves at a library, head to the parenting section right away. Like I found myself wandering. Titles like these will pop out at you within 5 seconds flat, so you can flip through it wildly then attempt to rectify his misbehaviour asap.



But on your way home, remember to pick up books like these so you can do some desperate late night reading as your 'strong-willed child' sleeps. Maybe something for Daddy to read too.

Leave the actual baby lift the flap books for next time.

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Found your blog while browsing around. :) Think all little boys are like that... mine starts to rummage the shelves and starts singing songs at the top of his voice! I think I need to borrow that strong willed child book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi MamaJ,
    so glad I'm not the only one! =) THanks for popping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like BEDOK library! No? I was there recently!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daphne: Erm, you were not that lady sitting at the other corner with that deathly stare, were you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails