Saturday, November 6, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Kayden!



Kayden's birthday party invite! We're out at a bbq later today!

Kayden turns ONE today! Happy Birthday my Baby Boy!

One year ago today, I was in my hospital ward watching you sleep. Your tiny little head fitted snugly in my palm!

♥  you have yet to say Mama properly when I ask you to, but in desperate situations where you want me to pick you up, you scream out an incoherent "Mmmmmaa!!"

♥  when I am cuddling you, you curl all your fingers around a finger of mine, and I love it when you doze off in my arms to sleep

♥  you love your bathtimes and you look forward to it everyday. You LOVE your rubber duckies.

♥  I love it when you do your 'happy dance' (shaking head from side to side)

♥ You amaze me with your generosity whenever someone asks to have your favourite foods, you ALWAYS pluck it out of your mouth to share!

♥ Your face always lights up when we say "Shall we go OUTSIDE for a walk?" (which results in a happy dance after sometimes)

♥ You don't like loud people or noises. You squint and your eyelids flutter when that happens. Or just start bawling.

♥ You are born in the year of the ox. And an ox you are. You very strong, and oh so stubborn!

♥ Since when you were a few weeks old, you are mesmerized and soothed when you hear someone sing. You stop and pause whatever you are doing, and you just stare and sometimes smile as you listen intently.


♥  And, you have mastered the art of coaxing someone with a kiss whenever you want something! We just can't help but go "Awwwww" and be at your beck and call!



I can hardly believe a whole year has passed. It still feels like just last week, we brought you home from the hospital! You looked like a little burrito wrap!

You have brought so much joy to everyone around you. I hope you have enjoyed every bit of your childhood so far. Mommy and Daddy wish and want for you, nothing but the very most of what makes you happy and healthy.

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails