Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Extra extra, read all about it!









Besides the little man's birthday over the weekend, this was what happened! There is no cause for alarm. We are all fine. Our neighbour's car had a gas leak, and from the looks of it, the authorities determined it was pretty serious!

I was awoken from my restful nap to hear a commotion outside the window. I looked out and I saw not 1, not 2, not 3, but FOUR fire trucks right outside our court! I leaped out of bed and scurried downstairs to ask "WHAT'S HAPPENING???".  But as soon as those words left my mouth, I realised from hubby's relaxed composure on the couch that everything was under control. I was ready to run back up and grab my sleeping baby!

The commotion outside eventually woke Kayden up of course. The firemen started moving 3 of the trucks out of our court, and huddled around to set up this black torch looking thingiemagie. Our next door neighbour who was ushered out of his house, so that the firemen could do their thing, was sitting on our front lawn taking photos.

And so, I thought I would go outside and do the same.  It looks safe to do so? I brought Kayden out along with me and he looked at it all happening, with a wide eyed look on his face. He quietly observed the firemen  walking around pulling wires and cables out.

The 'torch' made such a loud whirring sound when they were burning the gas off. We went WOW! It was quite a show! The flame went high up in the air. Kayden opened his eyes even wider and it was a look of bewilderment on his face!

What an afternoon and what an eventful weekend we had!

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting experience! But I have to say it is the beautiful greenery where you stay that really caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it was indeed! A bit of panic at the start though. It is a established suburb where we live at the moment, so lots of tall foliage around. A few Jacarandas and cherry blossoms line the streets here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails