Saturday, October 30, 2010

New house: Colours




Colours for the new house. I wanted a neutral colour palate. And I wanted a white interior. But I didn't want it to look clinical. All interior walls are a rice white. For some strange reason, the carpet and tiles in here look alot more like grey? Carpets and tiles actually look a more latte, grey brown in real life.

I freaked at the hundreds and hundreds of choices available. I refocused, and picked colours mainly based on a particular caesarstone tile I FELL IN LOVE with instantly. It is white with browny grey specks through it. You can't see it here, but it has heaps of shimmery little specks through it too.

Pre start appointment was actually a few months ago, where I picked out these colours. 

Have any of you built or renovated your house? Please tell me it's a fun process. And that I get to keep all my hair at the end of it! Can't wait till the building actually starts!

2 comments:

  1. It is fun! I wish I could do it again. Enjoy the process and take your time! I regret that I didn't have much time at all in doing mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear u had fun at yours! I get so overwhelmed when presented with choices, I am like a kid in a candy store! lots of reading and researching to be done yet...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails