Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Burnt Toast

Couple of years ago, I think it was on Oprah that Teri Hatcher was a guest on. She was there to promote her book. It has made an impression on me because it was titled "Burnt Toast". It is her account of motherhood and other experiences she's had in life. "Burnt Toast" being the metaphor that the woman takes the leftovers or the least appealing parts for themselves.


Now as a mom, I can totally relate to that because I found myself eating the crusty parts of the bread when I gave Kayden this! A start to things to come I'm sure.


What is THAT raggedly square with holes you're eating mom?  Mine tastes waaaay better!

The boy was eyeing my plate I had in my hand, while he was happily munching on his pretty jam and butter bread cutouts I gave him one rare breakfast morning. He had one in his hand, then decides to multitask and picks up another one in his other hand. Nom nom nom! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails