Friday, October 8, 2010

I have

I have unobstructed views of clear blue skies right here from home

It is not often I slip into the "If only I have/can ..." moments. But when I do, there is always something or someone that quickly yanks me right out of the thought and puts me on the brighter side of things. This morning, Jess did just that. Thank you!

With a cranky baby, waking up to the boy's cries a few times in the middle of the night because somehow he has wet his PJs or a lost dummy leaves me questioning.. "WHY!!".

Or realising, "hey... it feels like we haven't had a getaway for what seems like the longest time ever".

Or wonder why can't we afford this? I WANT this! And this.. and wow! maybe that too!". I don't go for frequent manicures. I don't go out shopping enough to realise the shop has closed down more than THREE years ago!

And what? You are going to watch Avatar? ...Umm, where exactly is it?

Kate Spade, Molton Brown, who are you?

But.

I am acutely aware I am a lucky girl despite all of that.

I have many things most money can't buy. Simple things. And they make me smile and be happy about.



I have the most supportive husband who leaps out to give me a helping hand, to love and make me laugh, making me the happiest girl in the world.

I have an adorable son, who crawls onto my lap, pulling me close to him for a cuddle and a kiss, who makes me throw my head back with a belly laugh.

I have a wonderful family near and far.

I have friends who are merely a text or a phonecall away .. for some non-kiddy chit chats. Even better when they are scattered all over the world,  different time zones means there is always somebody online to talk to!

I have the pleasure of going on day trips exploring places which most of my overseas friends yearn to visit here in Melbourne. I have the pleasure of admiring clear blue skies from this side of the world. I have the opportunity to be all dressed for up all the 4 seasons we get in a single day in typical Melbourne fashion! Woollen coats and scarves, soft and thin silky tops, all hung up in the wardrobe ready to be worn in the rain or shine!



If you are one of those who can't help but say "I don't have time! Why don't I have this?", sit down and count what you actually do have. You will most likely be pleasantly surprised. It could be the simplest things in life you feel happy about.

I have a good life =)

3 comments:

  1. Waaah I love that sky, grass and SPACE! You're right that many would love to be in your shoes (and your location!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like they always say, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Count our blessings and be contented with the little things in life and we will always be happy. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so very glad you drew inspiration from that post! Thank you! I sat on that post for days wondering if I should publish it and now I am glad I did.

    Your little man is a sweetheart by the way!

    xx Jess :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails