Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kayden: Entering Toddlerhood

I was looking at nappies for him and the next size up says "Toddler". And a toddler he is indeed.




Kayden is now well and truly crawling and cruising. He pulls himself up to anything he can get his little hands on. The edge of the coffee table, the couch, a box, my pants, the window blinds! He's experimenting and discovering that he can get to things alot faster and closer. He leans and stretches until he is able to grab hold of something he has his eyes on. Not a spare moment is spared when he spots Mommy seated comfortably in the recliner. He quickly crawls over to me, and in no time, is pulling himself to a stand in front of me with that cheeky grin he gives! Then he does that little bouncy dance so I pick him up.

He is also starting to let go of one hand when cruising. Scary! For me! I picture his little brain bouncing off the walls of his skull everytime he takes a fall, where tears follow. 




After weeks and weeks of tears and grief, his first tooth has finally cut through, finally. I am so glad he is not one of those babies who cuts 4 teeth at one go, ouch! Our dentist said he had a 18 month old who cut 6 all at once! EEeep!



It is early days, but I am getting him used to the potty. Oh boy, he HATES the potty. The first couple of times he sat his bottom down on it, his legs went as stiff as a surfboard. Actually, I take that back, he still does that now. He refuses to sit on the thing! He reacts as if the potty is toxic! The first time it happened,  I found it so funny and couldn't stop laughing. He stops struggling, turns around long enough to stare at me , then he cups his little hand over my lips, meaning "Stop laughing Mommy!".

So to distract him, I started saying "Oh! Look! What's that on the front of your potty?" And it always works a treat. He stops struggling, sits down and peers down to look.

Every time.

How long more before he realises its a trap, I don't know.

3 comments:

  1. Good on ya for putting him on the potty. Our potty is permanently in our lounge as if its part of the decor. AND a decor it is as it is hardly used. Everytime I see Missy C peer into space to poop, I try to get her to sit in it but its too much of a struggle. Last time we did that, she Half pooped, and then smeared poop around. THen I tried encouraging her to sit in it while with her nappy on (to avoid poo smearing).... that didn't quite work either. Gaaahh... slowly yeh.... hmmph...s..ll...o...w...l..y... and one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! this made me literally LOL! to be honest, he actually 'uses' it 2 days out of a week. eeeeks! did u say smeared!? I hope you don't mean the carpet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I haven't been here for a few months, wow, Kayden has grown! Cheeky little fella!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails