Friday, March 4, 2011

Not so smart on my part

So, earlier this evening the boy came up to me and said "Gai!" (Cantonese for going out). No surprise for me there, he does it all the time when he realises I am dressed and reiterates that we are about to go out. But after he said that, while still muttering "gai" under his breath, he went to the wall where I hung my keys. Then proceeded to walk to his pram and started climbing in himself.

I thought to myself. Oh wow! My baby is learning to communicate! I can actually 'see' his train of thoughts!

While in my light headedness delight at my (not so) baby's behaviour, I ended up actually taking him out for a walk.

Again, nothing out of the ordinary. But what happened while we were out was something that had me almost face palming myself in public.

WE spent most of the hour we were out with Kayden pushing the pram. Not me. He refused to sit in the pram. Or have me hold him. All he wanted to do was push the darn parm. For a whole 40 minutes, he pushed the pram non-stop. Only slowing down to take a closer look at somebody or something along the way. We even almost lost a shoe because I didn't realise he had kicked it off in his his hissy fit when I tried to pick him up so we could cross a road. I put him down after we crossed and after 5 minutes, realised he only had one shoe on. I had to hold a screaming baby who was red faced from throwing a tantrum over my shoulder while I back tracked where we walked before.

And to top it off, when he realised we were heading home, he finally cracked it. At our doorstop, he finally pushed away the pram and stormed off towards the direction where we came from. SCREAMING!

Just don't tell me this is the terrible twos coming on early. Or is it just the legs wanting to do more walks?

Urgh. Too much to handle tonight already. Good Night!

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh! That all sounds somewhat familiar!!! Don't worry....they tell me it doesn't last too long...and with the new communication come some pretty darned cute and funny things that (almost!!!) cancel out the tantrums! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails