Monday, March 21, 2011

Nostalgia

So, it's time to come clean.  I am actually not in Melbourne. For almost the past 2 months, I have been back at my other home - Singapore!

We have been a little more busy than usual since we arrived. Sights to see, people to meet, places to go and things to do. And most importantly, rest to be had. Hence my very sporadic posts of late. I try to keep my posts short so I have more time to catch up on all the things I have missed out on doing over here since my last visit.

Kayden has adapted surprisingly well. From the second day we arrived, his meal and bedtimes are according to routine, despite the 3 hour time difference (Melbourne is 3 hours ahead).

He loves that there are so many buses, cars and trains to see. So much so, sometimes when I am calling out to him on our walks, I am totally ignored! The boy is a little afraid of the dark, especially when we are outdoors back home in Melbourne. When it gets dark, he whines to be picked up from his pram. But over here, in this vibrant city, he is loving every bit of the hustle and bustle, day and night!

And so am I.

It has been a long while since I have returned to my home country for a long stay like this. I love going through my old photo albums and laughing at my own nerdy self years ago.

But what really touches a heart string (I think a lot more for K's grandma than myself), is watching my very own son splashing around in the very same bath tub I used to use when I was a baby!

3 comments:

  1. That's vintage as far as bathtubs go! Enjoy your stay and yes, keep your blog posts short for now if you must. You'll have plenty of time to blog when you're back Down Under :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Are you just there for a holiday? What a gorgeous photo!! Keep having a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corsage: I know! I was so surprised my mom's still got it! =)

    Jess: Yes, just back here for a holiday and a (very long) meet and greet for K with the rest of my family here =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails