Monday, July 19, 2010

Winter afternoon walks

I bring Kayden out for afternoon walks fairly often but, I must confess we go less often in winter. But if the sun is out, chances are we are out for a nice long afternoon walk. Just the boy and I.

 

 
 




There is some parkland next to home and we take long slow walks through it. Kayden loves it when I point out birds on the treetops, or show him the swaying leaves, the water running through the creek and sometimes we stop and try to spot a Koala. There is a little log book where people contribute their observations, we don't have any luck yet!

When we stop for a little break and a sip of water, he tries to make small talk with me. He goes "daaa da dah da da!"  Then he looks at me, and waves his hands as if to be describing to me what he saw before.

And on our way back home, he falls silent, most of the times because he dozes off in his seat.

Sometimes I wonder who was really doing all the walking....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails