Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Routines at 3 months

I think at 3 months of age, Kayden has finally fallen into a routine.

8 am     : Nappy change, first feed of the day

8.30am : Back to bed for his morning nap, where he usually sleeps for 2 sometimes 3 hours. I either go back to bed or am up for my breakfast.

11am    : Feedtime again but this time he keeps up for abit more and I put him in his bouncer and its playtime with mommy.

12pm   : Ideally, it is nap time again. And I am able to have my lunch while watching daytime TV.

2pm    :  Kayden wakes up after a 2 or 2.5 hour nap and is up and very alert this time round. Nappy change and it is time for another feed. After that, I sometimes put him on his playmat and plays, or he is in his bouncer while I go around the house doing some household chores. But around this time is also when he gets grizzly and clingy. He may then transforms into a baby koala, meaning he insists on me carrying him for at least the next hour or so!

4pm     : Hopefully back in his cot for another nap. Sometimes he wants another feed at this time. By this time, I am usually exhausted and I may also go for a nap while he's asleep.

6pm     : Nappy change when Kayden wakes up, and if he's happy to be back in his bouncer I put on something on TV for him or put him on his playmat while I am in the kitchen preparing dinner for the evening.

7pm      : Dez is home from work and he gives Kayden his bath. I feed him and we have our dinner after.

8pm or 9pm : Bedtime for Kayden or he spends some time with us, or Dez and I watch some TV.

11pm    : Kayden is up again for his last feed of the day. Dez changes his nappy, gives him a bottle of formula and puts him back to bed.

12MN  : Dez and I go to bed.

4.30am  : My boobs wake me up and I attach myself to the pump while I surf the internet using my mobile (I need something to do during don't I?).

5am      : I slump back into bed until Kayden is up again.

********************************************************************

So you see, 4 to 5 hour sleeps is the best I get! I said my goodbyes to my 8 hour night sleeps shortly after I fell pregnant. I don't see us reuniting at least till June, where I may wean Kayden off, but I'll see how we go then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails