Sunday, August 30, 2009

Winter baby carrots



Last week, I posted about how hubby harvested some carrots from our vegie patch. I happened to have all of the ingredients to make a quick and easy cottage pie for dinner, so cottage pie it is! Took me just under half an hour to quickly chop up some onions, throw it into the pan, wave the mince around with a can of diced tomatoes and some mixed herbs then throw it into the oven for 45 minutes or so.


There was a little too much for the baking dish I used to bake it in, so there was enough to make a quick spaghetti bolognese the next day for lunch too. Yummo!


Now that the vegie patch has been plowed and ready again for planting in spring (which is just only a few days away, yippee!), what shall I grow next? Well, preferably something simple, and its ok if I forget all about it like the baby carrots of course...
Related Posts with Thumbnails