Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fresh is good


I am never good at keeping my new year resolutions. Specific goals like 'exercising twice a week' never worked and got simply forgotten. So earlier this year, I decided to try something different. Maybe being vague is better?


So I made a promise to myself that I will try to lead a healthier lifestyle this year. So far, I haven't done too bad of a job on cutting down on sugars and processed foods. I have a VERY sweet tooth, so that is a bold move. I have always eaten in moderation, meaning I eat anything I want to without restricting myself to any type of food (I love my KFCs, chocolate bars and chips!). But I am mindful to cut down on whatever I've eaten too much of after.Few days ago, instead of reaching out for some chocolate chip biscuits, I made myself a small plate of snack consisting of cherry tomatoes, tasty cheese and mashed avocados to go with a handful of rice crackers. YUM!


And just as well too. I fell pregnant in February and it was definitely time for an overhaul in my lifestyle. I stopped having my mochaccinos for a start, and I now no longer add sugar to my beverages. I try to keep my fruit bowl full at all times and I usually have around with me at least a 500ml bottle of water to sip on throughout the day.


Just don't tell the husband that I just bought a punnet of strawberries and I'm planning on dipping them in chocolate sometime soon.....


Related Posts with Thumbnails