Thursday, December 8, 2011

Green is the new brown


We have a lawn! No more looking at the brown dirt! Whooopeeee!I know its just plain grass out there but all that colour makes me very happy. But I must confess we didn't do this ourselves. We have a sizable yard and it just was not DIY-able with a very inquisitive toddler around. Just putting in a handful of trees on the side fence was abit of a nightmare. Kayden was stuffing soil into his nappy! His gumboots! Sprinkling dirt into his hair! I think I spent more time cleaning out the shower and bath after I washed him off.

We got instant turf and it will take around 4 weeks to settle and hopefully bind together. So at the moment I've been watering it 4 times a day.  We have only 2 taps outside and I have to shuffle the hoses and sprinklers around to make sure I get all the grassed areas. It get a bit tricky when you have a very clingy toddler who's wanting to follow you everywhere. But it's all good once I have the sprinklers set up and going. There's something very therapeutic about watching and listening to thousands of little drops of water swirling around in a very rhythmic pattern. That fine white mist falling onto a carpet of green glistening under the sun. Just gorgeous!

And as expected Kayden just cannot wait to go roll around on the lawn. He sneaks onto it every time I'm not looking! It's not ready to walk on yet, not at least another 3 weeks or so. I am not risking little yellow patches all over. So I hand him a small shovel and tell him to go play with the dirt on the edges. And then wash him off everytime.

Oh and we just struck a deal with our neighbours, we're building a sandpit (soon hopefully), and they're getting a swing set. Fun summer times ahead!

2 comments:

  1. I know! don't you just love summer!!!! I LOVE IT!

    The lawn looks gorgeous!

    ps would you be interested to come for my son's birthday on 4march 2012? it will be a lego party. just thought would be nice to meet up a fellow singaporean here..and i think it will be my last few days out before i won't be able to interact with the world until they are 21 years old! hahahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite! Would love to meet up, I'll confirm it with you abit bit closer to the date ok?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails