Sunday, November 20, 2011

On our Christmas tree

 I don't know if you'll agree that the christmas tree does take a little bit of an effort putting up. We have a tall 2m one and it's one of those that u need to stick the branches in and then fluff up the pine leaves. Without decorations, I gather it took me about 45 minutes alone just setting up the tree. To make up for all that effort put into it, I try to put my tree up as soon as the malls do.

 Our new Christmas wreath bought at the post Christmas Day sale last year. I don't remember how much, but I do remember it was about 70% off! I love the colours. I have a thing for pastels for my Christmas decors. Instead of hanging it on a plasticky 3M hook I decided to string a ribbon through it and hang it over the door. I feel like it needs a butterfly bow on the top of it, it looks abit bare at the moment. But we'll see.




 I love the look of a tree flickering its lights at the front window or through a glass entryway at a home. But our side panel window next to our door is frosted, like the little strip windows on our door. So it will be abit of a waste putting the tree there. I've decided it will sit in front of one of our windows in the lounge. But the view from/to outside isn't spectacular.(Lawn's being laid soon! Yay!)  But its a great spot next to our wall of family photos. I think the tree will feel quite homely there.



 



The bestie and me exchange Christmas ornaments for the tree every year. We used to prowl Orchard Road in Singapore when the streets are fully adorned with all the lights, taking photos of all the pretty decorations. Back then it was a yearly ritual for us.  We hope that eventually our trees will look similar. We live in 2 different countries, and by doing so we hope we carry abit of each other throughout the Christmas season. It carries for me that significance and nostalgia of yesteryears.

Glass baubles and ornaments like this one are hung way out of reach of baby boy's prying fingers. While I was putting up the decorations he dug into my Christmas box and dropped one of my glass baubles. He wasn't hurt. He even pointed out to me that it broke. *Tear*


I got these bears from work almost 5 years ago. They were doing a Christmas clean up and were throwing out bags and bags of these cute teddies. I got a decent haul. I was waiting for the time where I have a baby in our family to appropriately have them sitting on the branches of our tree.



The Tree. In all of its glory. It will be even better when the lights go on it, I think. On a lookout for a skirt to put under the tree, without breaking the budget. And maybe a better bow for the star. That was just scrap ribbon I found in my craft box. The string of pretty lights are still sitting in their box. Waiting for the time where it will be safe for me to put them on without sticky hands trying to 'help' me.

Do you decorate your home for the holiday season? Have you started yet?

2 comments:

  1. My Xmas decorations r now on the floor!make a guess who took a chair and took them off from the tree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your Christmas tree! I agree it takes so much effort to put up (and even more to take down and store away). We'll be home for Christmas this year though and I'm itching to get some deco up. Hopefully we manage some :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails