Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Down sold

Usually upselling involves getting a better and more expensive item. But last week, I found I was down sold by Coles. We were running out of pasta for the boy (I normally buy the small spirals, macaroni or shell) so as I neared the shelves I spotted this!



Well to be honest, not really. There was this other parent who was talking to his partner and he said, "Get the dino one!" as I was pushing my trolley near them. So just like that I got sucked into buying a pack. Normal pasta $3. Down sold pasta $1. Bargain!

When cooked every piece was a good size. K fits about 1 to 2 on his spoon when he scoops. They don't necessarily taste better, but CUTE don't you think!


P.S. In case anyone recognizes the flowers from my previous wedding post. The groom announced at the end of the night that we were welcomed to take them home. I was eyeing them all night long. So I pounced and grabbed them! So pretty!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh but when they were cooked did they still have the Dino shape? I bought the farm animal shape pasta n they looked like crap after boiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes they held their shape, and I am likely to get them again too

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails