Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Over here, we live for the food


Hi again. We have been buzzing around here! Of late, there has been bursts of warm sunny days. And we are loving it!

I thank my lucky stars for being on an extremely friendly street. We have since got to know our neighbours really well and we are all zipping in and out each other's houses. And we've only been at our new place for just over a month. The kids play together, and we've been taking turns making lunches. It makes such a difference having great neighbours.

Above is a photo of Kayden with his mate Harrison. They are only 4 months apart. The closeness in age means his mum and I have alot in common to talk about! We have even started swim class with them! More on that later.



With a spanking new kitchen, I've been whipping up a storm in there too. I've been churning out baked goods at least once a week. We have to feed those kids something don't we? Us Moms will have nothing less than fresh homemade muffins for afternoon tea of course. Blueberry, double choc chip, apple and cinnamon muffins in our tummy!


But sometimes even food fails to impress. Like this mince beef taco wrap I made the other day. 

Kayden took one look at it and literally said "Nah."  I was so taken aback by that, I burst out laughing. It's not very often my baby refuses food! My rice baby no see no rice on the taco! He ended up having leftovers instead. 

Have rice equals happy baby.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I would love to live on your street! How awesome to have such neighbours. Makes home even more special :) Have you unpacked everything into your new place already?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes extra special indeed! We are just only about 80% with the unpacking. There are still things around the house that will eventually get done. Busy times ahead still!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails