Friday, January 21, 2011

Venus Bay


Over the Christmas break, we went away on a day trip to the beautiful beach at Venus Bay. It was a glorious 32 degree day. Our quick thinking cousin remembered to grab a beach tent. Yay!  We got there, set up the tent and sat down in it for a picnic before we went out to dip our toes in the cool clear waters.

Well, I thought that was how I was going to spend my afternoon at the beach. Kayden, however thought otherwise. Somebody turned into a real sook! I held that certain somebody in my arms and slowly inched my way towards the splashing waves. The closer I got to the edge of the water, the higher he climbed up my body. By the time my feet were actually in the water, that certain somebody was clinging onto me for dear life, with a hilariously fearful look in his eyes. Yes I did say hilarious and fearful in the same sentence. That somebody didn't think it was funny at all though.

So I bent down and held him out to dip his toes in the water. And what do you know? That somebody clamoured right up onto my shoulder, tears and all. Despite his pretty boy looks, that baby is LOUD. Even out in the open.

So, with a sigh, we went back onto our tent where hugs and kisses were offered.  Kayden thinks the best vantage view point of the beach was from inside our tent. So with a nectarine in hand, he stood under the shade and waved goodbye at me. I was STILL in the tent. I broke out in hysterics because I found it so funny he was implying for me to go ahead without him!

Oh my, Kayden, that is a beach day not to be forgotten. When you get to your 21st birthday, maybe one of your friends will find this blog post about that certain somebody's day at the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Reminds me of my first trip to the beach with Sam! He's grown to love it though, K might too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails