Monday, January 16, 2012

Summer pickings

Add caption
My son LOVES strawberries. Or in his words, woberries. Late morning one day, the skies cleared up and it was warm and sunny. So we made a very impromptu trip to a strawberry farm!

Kayden has never known strawberries to come in any other form other than the plastic boxes they come in at the supermarkets. So on the way there, we said to him "We are going to pick some strawberries!". And I don't have a doubt that in his little head, he thought we were driving to the supermarket to get some. Usually, when its time to do a grocery shop at the supermarket, he will say Woberry?

So we collected a punnet at the door and lead him to the rows and rows of sweet smelling strawberry plants. "Loooook Kayden! What's that?" I said. He come closer to where I was pointing at near the ground, and then his eyes grew bigger and bigger in wonder. And he exclaimed, "WO-BERRY!!!!!".

A good little fruit picker he was. I told him not to pull on the white ones. And to turn them around to check if they were red all around. I was surprised he actually managed to pick some good ones! (Just only a little squished by the time he brought them to me). `


By the end of the afternoon, our bellies were full of strawberries and other sweets. YUM YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails