Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 15 Getting there


Yup! We're almost there! This is my lounge. I now have my dirty new floor!  With abit of leftover carpet that the builders have chucked right in the middle of the room (Maybe for an afternoon nap?). We are now at lock up stage and I couldn't be happier!

The timing's been just fantastic. By the time we all return home, there will hopefully just only be a few more loose ends to tie up and we would be trucking our stuff in!





And by loose ends, I meant that broken downlight in my kitchen needs to be fixed.

And it's really no point having soft closing doors on my cabinets if they don't actually close

And I'm guessing our plumber is possibly left handed? Well, I'm right handed, and I prefer my spigot (I love how I can pretend I am smarter by using building terms haha) to be on the right hand side of my laundry tap!

There's also a few more similar minor defects that Gino our builder has already started following up on. Within less than a day of being informed! Such efficiency from a builder is almost unheard of! We are very blessed indeed.

People have been saying we've hit the jackpot and got a really good builder. I tell them straight out, NOPE.

 That, by no chance is just LUCK.

Besides, Oprah Winfrey (I am a fan! A very sad one at the moment, because she just did her finale) doesn't believe in luck. "Luck is when preparation meets the moment of opportunity", she says.

Hubby spent a great deal of time researching and compiling stacks of reviews, months before we even started looking for a plot of land to build on. Back then, when Kayden was just a little joey, we trudged through dozens of display homes and builder's office with his research file. To which one of the prospective builders actually asked where we got that copy! So I say a BIG pat on the back for my hubby for a job well done! I am so proud!

Speaking of the hubby, he is en route to Singapore! Our little family is going to be reunited! Daddy's coming Kayden! I wonder how you're going to react when you spot him through the glass window at the airport!

All very exciting!

2 comments:

  1. this reminds me of the time when i was renovating our flat...i can feel your excitement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your plaCE is gorgeous Rita! artfully decorated and so much character =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails