Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The letter S

Skip this post if you're easily grossed out by nappy talk.

So the weather was a glorious twenty something degrees yesterday afternoon. But the house holds in the chill from the night before for a few hours in the morning. Hence I usually dress him in long sleeved tops and cotton pants just for the morning.

Baby boy must have decided it got too hot for him by noon. As I pottered around doing house things I stopped short when I noticed he had taken both his pants AND nappy off.


"Baby! Why have you got your nappy off too!?"

Kayden raises his brows at me and points over to his alphabet foam mat.

"EEEEEEEk!! YOU DID A POO POO THERE!?"


But oh oh. I think my reaction was alittle too animated because he was starting to whimper and tear up.

"Ohhhhh. You did a poo poo with your nappy off! Good boy baby!! Goooood boy!!"

He starts to smile and rushes over to give me a hug.

"But baby? Next time we sit on the potty to do poo poo ok?"

"OKAY."


So the story is, Kayden is well and truly capable of lifting the tabs off his own nappy now. And combined that with the fact that I have been starting to toilet train him now by sitting him on the potty must have finally clicked that is what we do when we need to poo or wee. But obviously he hasn't worked out he has to tell me first, AND get to the potty before he does the deed.

It's a step forward right? Or it could be very well just a fluke.

And what does this have to do with the letter 'S'?

That was the alphabet he did the deed on.

How. Very. Appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails